It's Tragic.
“Of course, come, come. Outside the borders are never safe these days.” she waved her hands graciously, inviting Sky to cross the scent boundary and come fully into Cour des Miracles with her. She took a moment to bend over and wrap her arms around her old friend in a warm greeting that was different in gesture yet just as friendly as the greetings of New Dawn. Orin didn’t know that Sky had moved to the pack, but the moment she hugged her friend the scent of the woodsy, traditional pack bombarded her. Her eyes went wide with surprise.

“You smell of New Dawn,” she stated. It wasn’t a question, but there was surprise in her voice.

She wanted to get away from the edge of the pack lands and move into the safety of her home, and the hustle behind her steps was clear as she moved past Sky, intending to lead her back over the knoll and toward the path that would take them to her house. As she walked, she glanced over her shoulder and for a moment there was a flash in her golden eyes, like that when a child sees a monster. She tried to erase the look before she turned forward again.

“My house is down the road. I’ll make you a cup of tea, are you hungry?” She chatted as they walked, retracting the steps she had beaten into the dirt pathway when she came to meet Sky. It wasn’t long until they reached the house that she shared with Mars and their children…. no, their child. She swung the gate open, moved up the row and onto the porch, then opened the door for Sky.

Maybe she had heard about what happened and had come to offer her condolences. It was probably, especially if she was living in New Dawn. Orin could drive herself nuts speculating, but didn’t ponder much farther than that. Instead, she moved into the kitchen nook and used a ladle to put some clean water into a pot for tea.

There was evidence of a family here; scents of others, the scent of Mars and of their baby, Svetlana. Sky, an experienced medicine woman, might also catch the old trace of milk. Amon, Paz and Krystalle all visited often, too (Krystalle less often than the others), and their scents were permanent fixtures in the furniture.

“Svetlana is out with her father right now,” she said idly to the pot as she moved it onto a coal burner. “But I’d love for you to meet her. She’s a sweet little thing, sometimes I wonder if she’ll go into your profession when she’s older.”

(400+)

Messages In This Thread