Schism's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form, Optime.Time: 9:00pm.

AWay'sr night by the fire on their trip, he would sit near it and with draw from the satchel bag he brought ( mostly for food purposes) the poorly carved chess board and pieces that he had made. As he laid it out on the ground in front of him, he removed a smaller bag from within and placed each of the pieces out on the board. The white ones, then following it, the red ones which would carry the smell of his own dried blood.More a crusted burgundy now than the pure brilliant crimson they had once been. As each piece was laid down, the last two on either side were the king, and the queen. He now understood the board a little more than he had during its initial design.

He did not look up to see if X'yrin was doing anything, simply because his thoughts were elsewhere. Though like most nights he had not removed himself from her presence to sleep elsewhere. After all, if he removed himself from her, it would indicate that he was bothered by being around her. And that was something that he was trying to erase from his mindset. He stared at the board and placed his first claw on the Red Queen, Thana held that rank for the moment. Though the idea of the woman being Jadens former lover, and being in the same vocational type as him had made him begin to consider the idea of the yellow dog once again. If Jaden had reputation like that then the idea wasn't completely out of the question...his eyes drifted over to the white queen, further taint applied to the piece if it was true.

His eyes drifted to the Red King, there was still no role applied to that piece. However he was beginning to consider that much like the duality between the queen and the knight. Jaden might well represent both sides of the board. Red King and White King. But for now that was something to consider later, to be put on the back burner. His eyes drifted to the white side of the board once again. Before there had only been one rook, but now with his brother back in action there was two. Both on either side of the king and the queen. One of the major issues that he had been having lately was the lack of accountability for the actions of the alphas. If he ever was going to challenge one of them for dominance, he would have an advantage in his brother. However....the king and queen were capable of moving forward, keeping them from harms way in the rooks move.

In which case...he was going to need at least two more pieces, he eyed those that lay directly in front of the king and the queen. Barring their movement, enlisting help....that might be more difficult for him than it was for his brother. However, the pack was still getting off its feet, new members could arrive at anytime....to bring them into his own " faction" would not be difficult. Particularly if they saw the same problems and weaknesses as he, and no doubt his brother did. However, that was when and if and had very little to do with what was required for the moment. The Red Queen would make her move and regardless of what that move was, it would have ripples in times to come ripples that needed to be anticipated. If Jaden truly had been in love with her the effect it might have upon the white, and perhaps red king would depend entirely upon his relationship with the white queen. If X'ies was to throw a wrench in that relationship, or indeed place a sort of crack in its foundations once again, he might be able to manipulate the wave of those ripples a little more.

But then again came the question of self contamination, the white queen was already dangerous enough as it was. Her rejection was required, she had made her choice and he wanted to make sure she was aware of what that choice was, and what the effects of it would be. Self contamination of course, was in reference to the problems he already had in corrupting his true required nature, and the possible contamination of a lesser species she had gotten from Jaden. His claw moved from the Red Queen and was placed firmly on the top of the white, his glazed eyes changed, the fog clearing as an inferno rose up from the pits of his stomach, the piece beginning to shake under the pressure of his claw.

----------------

"I know now why my Shepard asked so much of you. Because that bond had already formed...and had I stayed...had I not left you, there is not a doubt that the bond would have transformed us beyond what we are now."

" Then why did you leave, was I so worthless to you? do I remain so worthless?....Why do you always leave me behind!?"

"Do you understand now?"

"I will never understand, you...or your choices..I loathe to think you as a fool, yet are you so blind that you cannot see what is right in front of you?..."

“A bond can run both ways… if it began that way, then it would not cease"

"......You love me....then...why...why did you make me aware of everything?, I lived in blissful ignorance before you brought me into this hell....now...I must fight against this, what I am.....you made me aware of the consequences of your choice, you made me aware of what I was to lose.....our bond....means nothing....it must cease...it must...winter...must come to my mind, and my heart...".

------------------

A small crack formed in the piece of the white queen. Removing his claw from its head his eyes returned to their fogged and hazed complexion. A moment of weakness, the lack of solitude and close proximity to that which he loved and hated in equal measures made it worse. But he would endure. He was Lambda. He would remain stalwart, even if inside the walls of his fortress crumbled as the vast schism between the two continued to grow.

Word Count: 1066.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread