Schism's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Violence was often the answer to the Exultare. Over the slightest dispute or the largest, it was with their honed forms and impressive strength that they found resolve over a multitude of issues. Though it was often among themselves that these perceived barbaric tactics were enforced. Outside with another family was almost unheard of, save when it came to the relationship between a certain pup and the dark furred companion. As adults one would have assumed they had gone beyond that practice, but as time was becoming more proficient in telling, this was not the case.

She would have rather that talked with words, not physically. But as it was no her choice she was forced to endure what came of the brash decision made by her subordinate. As a friend, the blow to her face and actions swiftly followed were nothing short of a shock to her system. But it was instinct that demanded the automatic retaliation response. As the board connected soundly with her face and stars danced before her eyes, she reached out blindly to take hold of the offending muzzle, trusting known movements of force to ensure her grip connected. But her claws fell short, and as a Shepard she was enraged to not only miss her mark, but to have been attacked without provocation. At least...that was what her mind initially believed.

Held down by his weight asserted into her, she was allowed only the movement of her head as she craned in vain to snap at the face hovering over her. Defiance reigned where instinct would have demanded submission, the cultivated mind of the Exultare demanding she fight even when the posture of their stance left little room to do so. Still her anger fueled her, coupled with the smarting pain of her face. X'yrin seethed beneath him with lips peeled back and fangs snapping violently but catching not but air.

She heard little more than the snap of her own teeth, muting all else for the sake of limiting distraction. Her mind centered on escape and nothing else, until the disciplinary bite on her muzzle forced her to still and into silence. Still she seethed but with the maddening cloud dissipating from her eyes to give way to clarity underneath. Her ears came forward then, twitching painfully as they were grated by harsh tones, not really comprehending but hearing until her mind was forced to grasp what was said. And then something new touched her eyes and body was a whole. It forced her heart to race and eyes avert not in submission but in shame. Shame that the predicament had come to this and she had forced the conclusion the pair found themselves playing a part in now.

No different than times before, she did not know where to begin...how to proceed. Time, however was not in her favor. The pressure upon her throat impressed this fact, coupled with the mild deprivation clouding her eyes and forcing them to close. Each breath was a gasp for air, a grasp for clarity. If a decision was what he needed now, she did not have one readily to give. She could not deny his words... none of it. Her Shepard would not have allowed this corruption, this blind acceptance of a feeling she still did not understand. A feeling she arrogantly hoped to harness and spread without consequence. She hadn't thought once to regret exploring beyond the limitations of a bond toward something more until she was made to witness its effects first hand; what would happened it a love was not returned as it was wanted.

And he did love her. Just as she knew he did. As it was plain in his eyes as it had been when they were young, too ignorant to understanding its implications or its consequences. They had delved without knowing... and she had forsaken that.

For this, she would look away in shame and submit, calling attention to her wrong with pathetic whines but little more than that. "I cannot call you wrong..." she managed to breath out, then inhaled sharply again. "Our family would not have tolerated these turn of events. I would have shamed them for accepting love over practicality and tradition. Substituting weakness for strength." Again, she breathed. "But X'ies...you cannot fault him. He is a male ruled by his love and his pursuit of happiness. If you claim to love me...to know what love is, would you not do the same to ensure that happiness or that your love was returned?" This time as she breathed, she raised a hand to take hold of his wrist hoping to relieve a bit of the pressure forced down on her.

"For you...I would. I would act against what I knew was demanded of me. I would go against what was practiced...just as you are doing now."

817 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;