Schism's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

His touch was soft, but it was misleading to the true emotion that resided within his voice. There was anger there the likes her ears had not before beheld. And the disgust lingered on, resonating in her ears, made lowered by the stillness of the night. As if the world had come to a standstill, this cruel, cold world that thrived on complication. On drama and pain. In the silence she could hear the pounding of her heart, the soft exhale of each painful breath as she forced herself to live on through this agony.

His distrust was more painful than the blow to her face, the steely grip upon her neck. It was an emotional pain she had not learned to defend against and was left raw and open to the damage with no salve to remedy the wounds. And he would hurt her still in ways only the young and eager could not understand. Had the ancestors shown her a bit of mercy and blessed her with life, she would have cursed them and all that breathed for setting her with this decision now. She brought her arms to wrap around her empty womb and felt the absence and shuddered. What would she lose but her dignity? What more humiliation would she have to endure to rid herself of contamination?

Pleading for mercy was undeserved but her eyes betrayed her for request. Though she tore her eyes from his and settled to the ground, it was too late. That light had shown; the silent plea voiced when the strength of her own cords left her. Until she came to a conclusion.

"...you are merciless..." she whispered, holding tighter to her barren form. "Had I life within me...you would see it destroyed to ensure there was only my flesh to feast on. ...even when I show no result of...contamination. If only to be convinced that I do not deny you...

"So be it."

326 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;