[m] and now that I've found you...
[html]
284 - ...I'm seriously excited for the end result of this thread now.

His response was flat, and then bitter. She shrank back a bit, ears pinning into her fur, disappearing entirely except for the larger of the dual guages. He didn't let her speak, about to turn away but turning instead to face her. He gave the order and for a moment, her dominance wanted to respond in kind. She resisted the urge and sighed through her nose when he matched her stare, stepping over to a clearer spot and shifting, that smooth transition she'd trained her early years to perfect.

A moment later, she crouched in her optime form. She took a moment to let the feeling pass before she stood, matching his gaze with a cool, sheilded stare. His words that came next were met with a cold glare, muzzle wrinkling in the beginnings of a snarl. "No, I didn't and I wouldn't have." She started, voice controlled but angry. She wanted to call him out for mentioning Shawchert, wanted to accuse him of stupid jealousy when the old male wasn't even in existance as far as anyone knew.

"Because I didn't even trust anyone at that point, Taliesin. Not even myself, sometimes." The admission wasn't emotional, but matter-of-fact and almost bitter. She paused a moment, inhaling and letting out a slow breath before continuing. "I didn't tell you I was going because I know you. You'd have followed me, leaving d'Arte with no medic in a time of distress." She gave him an aggrivated expression now. "Believe it or not, I originally planned to come back and live in d'Arte. But by the time I turned back, I knew I'd been gone to long. Skye's 'banishment' proved that." Bitter as fuck.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread