[p] it's fine by me if you never leave
[html]
(362)

The blatant lie made her frown a bit. But, again, she did not fault him. She was to blame, she made him feel like this. What did she expect him to say, really? That everything was cheery and happy? He evaded her just as much as she had, and she was lucky enough to get a chance to speak without being shot down. Even then, she expected to be asked to leave at any moment, and she felt rushed, not wanting to leave until she could tell him. There may not be another opportunity like this; she may lose the courage to do it, or Jazper could bar her out as much as he could, or perhaps both. It couldn't end like that.

The man spoke again, his words a whisper, his eyes full of the emotion that was lacked in his voice. He sounded so formal, so distant, it pained her. She took a tiny step forward, and parted her jaws to speak. "I..." Whatever self control she managed to contain slipped away. She was never one to hold back, in words or action. Her proud nature did not allow it. Being stationary, being withheld, by her own constraints drove her over the edge. Now in Jazper's presence, being away from it from five days too long, his hurt gaze and quiet words were more than enough to push her forward.

She flew the distance that stood between them, a flash of movement, and her arms were around him. Though they were not tight, it was obvious she didn't want to let go. "I'm sorry," she said, louder than she would have expected it to be, as she buried her head into his chest. "I am so sorry. I was so stupid, I, I didn't know what was I saying. I didn't mean to hurt you like I did, Jazper." While she did not dare ask for his forgiveness, she hoped he knew that she was sincere. She held herself closer to him, and murmured something else that was too muffled to make out, distorted because she pressed her face against him and her words were lost in the clothing he wore.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread