Soft Bonds
OOC: sorry for not replying i've been busy with school.

The wolf slipped closer to the horse, moving slowly as not scare the beast. She sat down a few feet in front of the horse and stared straight at her. Blessing, it seemed to fit nicely to the animal despite its personality with its owner. She let a hum vibrate through her chest as she watched the horse graze. She turned up to the owner with a wide smile on her face. “S-so you t-training her?” she gave a nod of approval and looked out to the clearing around them. The forest was silent besides the muted drone of the birds sinning to each other.

It reminded of the summer that she had spent alone, wandering the wilderness by herself. She had become attuned to the sounds of the birds- listening for their shrieks if danger was nearby or if the forest around her was lulled and peaceful. She would walk, hunt, dream in woods like these. All those lonely nights sleeping in hollowed trees and empty caves or dens. Those were cold and depressing nights. A shiver swept up her spine- that familiar wriggling feeling in the back of her mind telling her. Telling her that He was out there, those green eyes boring into the back of her head. She tilted her head to the side, china eyes glancing around her despite the fact that she knew he was not there. But she scanned the forest around her diligently like she always did. Those phantom eyes that would never leave her alone, never rest.

Ivy, my sweet little chickadee.” The voice danced through the woods, crooning for her to come and follow.

She would not do it, would not hope. She had fallen for it to many times.

The sound of the horse snorting at something at the ground brought her back to reality with a start. She stepped back and looked at her feet before settling back down. A frown on her face as she tried to calm her paranoia. “S-so how l-l-long have you b-b-been in the pack? I’m n-n-new and haven’t looked around all that much.”

Messages In This Thread