Your actions speak louder
[html]

ohhh my cat is eating out of my dog’s bowl..

Her disappointment was quickly but on the back burner when her noticed she was not alone. She sat rigid in her spot as her head moved to follow the other hunter. In her concentration Anu had been unable to notice that he was lounging so close. The idea being watched in such a strange place gave her an uneasy feeling.

Her ear straitened, and her eyes grew wide when she saw him take the fawn to the ground. She was even more intrigued when he approached her with it hanging from his maw. Once he moved closer it was obvious he was no wolf, but a large coyote. Her nose worked through the details, and she fought a cringe when she found a mixture of other coyotes mingling in his scent.

It was wrong to stereotype, Anu understood that much, and she had met plenty of friendly coyotes in the past. But his large stature, rugged look and blood red eyes did make her weary. Though, her mind argued, a predator that shared its meal had to be a decent creature. Taking this all in mind Anu gave him a small smile, growing more at ease by the moment. Standing she closed the gap between them by a few steps.

Vigilant on keeping space between them Anu stopped before getting close enough to touch the meal. Even with all the polite conversation that canines shared, she knew better then to threaten another’s kill. “If your whiling." She paused still embarrassed about her hunting performance. “I guess you caught my miserable attempt.” It was better to poke fun at yourself then let him do it himself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread