One on the head
[html]

Keldava hadn’t been paying attention to her surroundings in her anger and flinched in surprise when Gina touched her on the shoulder. Gina’s words and tone were soothing but Keldava wasn’t in much of a mood to be soothed. ”Almost won’t make a deer fall over dead so we can have something to eat!” she snapped, stalking off angrily towards the target without giving Gina a chance to reply.

Picking the arrows up was repetitive and gave Keldava a chance to cool down, though her annoyance was drawn out a bit when she saw that several arrows had broken upon impact with either the hard wood of the tree or stones that littered the ground; Keldava’s arrow making skills still left much to be desired – in truth they were little more than sharpened sticks with fire hardened tips and feathers – they were accurate enough but were weak and good for little more than hunting small game. The target she used was made from an odd, soft wood she had found a large amount of in Halifax one time she had visited which her arrows could hit without breaking but that didn’t make any difference when she couldn’t hit the bloody thing.

With an angry snort Keldava threw the broken arrows over to the side, gathered the ones that were still intact and made her way back over to Gina. She had calmed down a bit now and her ears flattened apologetically as she approached. ”Sorry. I didn’t mean to snap at you. It’s just…” Keldava let out a frustrated sigh and leant back against a nearby tree, running her good hand over her brow, ”I get frustrated. I’m useless like this! I can’t fight, I can’t hunt, I can’t do any heavy lifting… I can patrol the border but if anything actually happened all someone would need to do is squeeze my hand and they could put me on the ground!” Keldava snorted, looking down at the ground but said no more, she just remained silent before sighing and pushing herself up. She paused a minute to brush a hand gentle against Gina’s shoulder and then set back to her archery, taking more time to aim this time and grunting occasionally at the pain coursing through her hand.

<style type="text/css">
.keldavle .space {width:360px; height:400px; float:right;}
.keldavle b {font-weight:bold; color:#290d00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#474037 1px 1px 2px;}
.keldavle p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.keldavle p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keldavle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.keldavle {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:730px; background-color:#beb09c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DefXX.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#474037; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread