Empty Arms and Lonely Graves
[html]

I'm sorrier. x___x;

For all his protests, his childish pleading, Levent knew that she was right. He’d killed their puppies with his carelessness, and this was his punishment—his punishment for everything he’d ever done, the inevitable conclusion to his massive sinning. He’d never been able to love anyone right, he’d always destroyed the relationships that could have been something, skipping town or making foolish, drunken mistakes. He hadn’t felt this pain since his betrayal of Agape and the realization of what he had done, but this was a thousand times worse than this, because this was the mother of his children and he’d let them die.

Shaking, the man dared to reach out to her, to touch her, to tell her again how sorry he was—but she snapped at him, whirling around and shouting. He saw her claws coming for him, and it would have been so easy to step back and let her swing and lose her balance, but he only closed his eyes tight and let the talons rake through his skin and draw blood. Agony exploded there and in his chest all over again, and he whimpered and stepped backwards, staring at her and waiting for another blow, another curse.

“I’m sorry,” the man whispered again, and he stepped backwards again, until finally he turned and broke out into a run away from her, from the graves, from his sin.

<style type="text/css">
.levcurl-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4d90de; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levcurl-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.levcurl-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4d90de; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levcurl-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levcurl-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#000106; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hh3wS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727e93; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727e93; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread