[J]Break the walk
[html]
653- Sky's in her lupus form.

Life had taken an interesting turn for Sky. After her night with Taliesin, she'd gone to visit Orin to tell the woman the news of her daughter Titania. She'd returned with more news for Zalen but since then, she'd had nothing important to take care of. Not really. Noah had healed quickly enough that he no longer had to remain in the Tree Clinic. He was free to wander inside the territory. His injuries were still tender, so she'd instructed him to take it easy. He'd agreed to do so, but to what extent, she wasn't sure.

Lena and Cody were always busy now, which kept her away from her kids throughout most of the day. While this was a blessing to her, it was also saddening. She loved spending time with her kids, but she knew that it was finally time for them to make their own lives. New Dawn would keep them safe and close to her, so she felt comfortable with letting them do their own thing without her. They'd be fine.

So in times like this, when nothing was there to be done, Sky wandered. Today, she brought Fella with her. The bobcat had remained in New Dawn's territory, but due to the pack's social structure, she'd seen very little of him. Since he'd discovered her hut, he'd made his home inside it, keeping away from important things stored there and enjoying the familiarity of home it gave him. Now, mother and feline son had wandered from the territory, if only for the sake of not being interrupted.

"So Lena and Cody are both on two legs now?" The cat asked as they walked along, striding comfortably beside eachother. "I've missed a lot, haven't I?"

"Yes, well, not that much. They can shift, but that doesn't mean you've missed out on everything." Sky reassured him, flicking her long tail at his short one. "I've noticed a decrease of feline scent in the area, by the way. You're chasing everyone out?"

"It's my territory, now. I won't share with anyone other than the pack. Too many different predators in one territory isn't good for any of us." He explained casually, rolling his shoulders in a shrug. "I guess I'm just trying to do my part for New Dawn. How's Zalen, by the way?"

"Holding up well, considering. Titania's gone now." The cat murmured an 'I heard' at that, his tone quiet and respectful. It was always sad to hear of someone losing someone they loved. Especially a family friend. "I figure it'll be quite some time before he recovers completely, but he's a strong leader. He's not letting it effect him."

"Good." The cat replied. "New Dawn needs its alpha, now more than ever." He'd heard all about Amy and her evil deeds. Sky nodded soberly and the two fell into a comfortable but thoughtful silence.

As they walked along, something else came closer to them. A scent. When Sky picked up on it, she froze in her tracks, head lifting and turning towards the location of the scent. "Fella, do you smell that?" She murmured. The cat sniffed the air curiously and turned towards the scent as well.

"Smells familiar. Anyone we know?"

"...I think so." And just like that, she was gone. The cat blinked twice before darting off to follow the speeding luperci, into the thick of the forest and not bothering to ask her why she'd started running. He was sure he'd find out soon enough.

The wolfdog came to a halt at the top of a small hill, overlooking a clearing below. In said clearing, the tawny male stood, broken and battered, tired and hungry, but alive and real. She couldn't believe her eyes. Shawchert! She lowered her head, sniffing the air just to make sure. "Shawchert Menue!" She called, her voice almost angry.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread