[J]Break the walk
[html]
376- Shaw posts again, then Zalen?

His condolences were appreciated, but not really needed. She'd come to terms with it. For the most part. "Thank you." She murmured, waving her tail slightly. He mentioned needing soft for his hip, and it took her a moment to understand. "A good bed should be fine. There's some stored at the cabin- I could set you up with a room. You could tend to it for me, in return, I suppose." She knew he'd be able to sort through and handle the tree clinic without much help. He'd helped her with her own clinic, their house at one point. It only made sense that he'd be able to handle it again, now.

And it seemed he planned to make it longer than just the few days she'd been thinking. Of course he'd want to stay- d'Arte was cursed, especially for him. She felt a weight lift off her shoulders upon realizing it, that she wasn't in fact the only one the darkness in d'Arte- in Thornbury especially- had touched.

"We'll find her, Shawchert. We won't give up on her. I won't." She promised to him, just before she tossed her head back to howl- for Zalen. She'd need his permission to let Shawchert across the borders, even if the man were to be refused entry into their ranks, which she doubted he would be. Shawchert was family- father to the once alphess. There wasn't a chance in any way Zalen would want to refuse the man, as far as she could tell. Her sing-song howl was just as beautiful as it had been before, soulful and steady. As it died into the distance, she looked over to Shaw again, blue eyes reflecting the excitement and releif that he'd be staying- that he'd be safe, with arm's reach again. Despite all the upsets.

"I'm glad you're back, Shawchert. I'm glad you're safe." She admitted quietly as they waited. To see him alive was more than enough reason to forgive him, for everything and anything he'd done in the past. And she couldn't hate him for leaving d'Arte- not anymore. She'd left, too. She'd been happy to go, to get away from the cursed lands. She'd never return, even if she were able to.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread