Magnets don't always stick
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

She gave the male a kind smile and a small giggle at him apologizing to her. "Oh, no no, don't apologize. Not many canines know much about human creations. I just love to read, and when I come across new and fascinating things I read about them. " Her soft voice carried on the explanation, "Nothing to apologize for, really. I've just been taught to read since I could see. My mother thought it was very important for me to both read and write." Her two tone eyes found his own. She was so soft in her expressions, but also quite friendly since he had much to ask, it seemed. She liked his comment and a much more sweet smile came to her, "..yes, there is always a lot to learn about.." Adonia loved to explore, most of the time she found herself observing things. It was why she loved her job at Phoenix Valley. She scouted her own pack, and any unfamiliar smells. She always knew where the members were. Also caring for the horses was her favorite. Observing their behavior and interactions.

"I'm Adonia Demos, by the way. I'm from New Dawn." She gave a slight nod to him, "It's nice to meet you, sir. " Her tail gave a light wag as he came closer, but as he came within a few feet of her she began to feel more shy. He was taller than her by nearly a full foot. Her ears rolled back a little submissive as her eyes watched him a little more softly and almost in a timid manner much like a puppy would. As he asked more about the vehicle she looked to it and thought of what he said, walking over she began to respond, pointing out the areas she spoke of. "Oh, if it had no oil a lot could go wrong from what I understand...it could end up with bent rods/rod bearings. Could crack the head gaskets, blow a head gasket, throw a rod through the crank case, or score the cylinder heads. Just a bunch of things that could happen to the Jeep engine." She then thought about his last bit, "Oh, no, that wasn't the case with the vehicle. It simply had been sitting because no one had cranked the engine on it. There's still old gas in it, but it's too old to run through the engine without ruining the spark plugs."

Obviously, she could show him what all she talked about, but she did try to explain it as best she could, "Okay, so this is the engine block, right here. These are plugs, under this rubber material are spark plugs. When the engine, there's a pedal you press, it sends gas through here, to this engine block. the rods rotate and bring up a piston that compress the gas put in and the spark plug ignites the gas making the rod and piston go back down. The oil lubricates the pistons and rods...if those aren't lubed it can cause a lot of damage....at least from what I understood.." She gave a light sigh. It was a big project she put herself on, and to get the vehicle moving was going to be a lot of work. She leaned out from beneath the hood. Her eyes traveled to the tires, "You could tell this thing has been sitting since the humans all died out..the tires are all rotted and cracked..and the air has left them..even if I could get this thing running, the metal these tires surround are most likely bent from all the stress..." Her eyes looked almost hopelessly into his.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/a2cTX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#7ca336; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 350px 0px; color:#9fcd4d; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-1 b {color:#d8eebb; }
.adoniaaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adoniaaly-1 .wordcount {color:#9fcd4d; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #9fcd4d; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread