Magnets don't always stick
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

She could tell right away her offer was viewed in 'shock'. His outward appearance didn't give it away much, but she was looking for emotional cues from the male. It was very subtle, but it was there. His voice didn't give it away, but his words were enough to make her wonder what he thought. "..yes they would shun it. New Dawn is about the roots of our root nature. The structure and rituals within the pack is all back to our natural ways. Human things are not allowed. We have a clinic only because it was built by hand by one our members. It's really just a wood shack..but it's the closest thing to human we have. If they found out I was working on this, playing with it, I'm sure I'd be in a lot of trouble." The Jeep was fun to work on, however, she knew she would miss it when she handed it over. He may view her joyride stupid, but it would be her reward for getting it running. X'ies would make better use of it than she would. Then the male questioned her about her pack.

Adonia had many reasons for it, and she didn't think he really needed to know, but she would share. Why not share her thoughts and feelings, at least she could be open, "...well, because I was raised in a very similar structure with my father. My mother was fond of human things, she opened me to the world. My father wasn't much for human things, and his family was very much connected with their ancestors. So, I am comfortable with living in a pack that is very feral, if you will, in nature..." Her eyes glanced up into his dim, emotionless eyes. Her's quite opposite in the fact that they were full of emotion, "..I do have a passion for human things. Art is one of mine biggest passions. I love to draw, most of the other interests..like this vehicle, it's just a fling, really. I had no other use than to have fun with it. I knew from the moment you questioned about it you would make more use of it. Why not just give it to someone who will take advantage of it?"

Her ears perked curiously as he commented on his age, "..you don't look much older than me.." Really, he didn't look all that old, why was he saying he was? Their attentions again back on the Jeep. She took a moment, "...maybe a steam engine...we could just take this engine out...It would take more luperci to do so, though. These way a lot...we'd have to use a pulley system.." She looked back to him curious if he would want to take out the engine and put something else in. "...though I'm not sure how fast it would go with a steam engine. Refining fuel would be a lot of time and effort. I'm sure we wouldn't have this thing running until spring, maybe next summer after we fine fuel, and figure how to make it for the engine, then could we get it running. Steam engines aren't that much effort and water is always readily available and a renewable source too..." Her ears perked intently as her eyes went from the engine to the, most likely, now working partner.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V36Sy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ca61a3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 375px 0px; color:#262a0b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-2 b {color:#ceb5bc; }
.adoniaaly-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adoniaaly-2 .wordcount {color:#262a0b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #262a0b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread