Shoot for the Heart
[html]

Shoot for the heart, relevant to my post. X3 Sorry i took a while...I had no computer for the last two days. D:

Focused mismatched orbs peered through the brush as Moss focused on his kill. He was tired of bringing home measly rabbits and other small kills for the puppies and Terra. She deserved something more and he was determined to catch something worthy. He spotted a deer, a young doe, alone and was now calibrating the motions he would need to make to take it down swiftly. The breeze was taken into consideration as well as ever other small detail. He was in optime using a bow and arrow, always his weapon of choice, and had already knocked an arrow. He was now waiting for the perfect time to shoot. His eyes were narrowed in a focused gaze as he aimed for the center of the deer's chest. Always, he needed to be precise as to not cause the animal any suffering when it died. It was a tradition he carried with him from his homelands and was determined to keep with it. Moss never wanted to cause harm to any creature, even if they were prey. He quietly whispered to himself before loosing the arrow to take the life of the doe. May my aim be true. With that, he pulled back, took a large breath to be held, and then released the arrow. It streamed through the air being swept to the right, as he'd predicted, by the slight breeze and hit the dear exactly where he had wanted it too. She made not a single sound before kneeling on her front legs, and then falling to the forest floor as she took her few last breaths.

Moss smiled and made his way over to his kill. He knelt down and stroked her gently while she took her last breath. Shhh...thank you. He cooed before checking her breathing to make sure she was dead before he snapped the arrow off and tied a rope around her back and front legs to be carried back home. He then slung her over his shoulder and went on his way. The scents of past canines wafted into his nose. He was by Halifax, incredibly close actually. Maybe this would be a good time to find something interesting for himself? Yes. Might as well since he was out.

The rusty man entered the old town within ten minutes of walking. He'd never been here before but it was a sight to behold. The city was huge, tattered buildings falling to the ground while others remained in tact and still stood tall and proud. Nothing like his home where the hills rolled, grassy and green, and there were few houses marking the landscape. Moss entered, careful of where he was stepping. There were broken bottles and rubble scattered over the road and the sidewalks. His eyes wondered over ever detail as he strode down the middle of the road. It wasn't long before something of interest caught his attention, placing a shy smile on his face and bringing his tail to a hasty wag. Adonia? He wasn't sure he still had a chance with her, but she had told him they were to have a reading lesson together. He was still looking forward to that. Moss picked up pace and let his nose lead the way until he was led to a park. The grass was still flourishing and the trees were alive. A vivid comparison compared to the rest of the old city. He heaved the dear up onto his shoulder so it was more comfortable and ran his fingers through his hair, as if trying to fix his appearance before she noticed him. His ears were pressed back some, he was nervous for some reason. Okay... He mumbled before striding forward with a hand raised the whole way. It wasn't until he got closer that he noticed and dropped it quickly laughing to himself. Idiot... Hey Adonia! I didn't think I would find you here. I was in the area hunting...if you couldn't tell. He said lifting his shoulder so the deer moved some. When he came closer he dropped it on the floor gently, as if not to rouse a sleeping spirit.

#00+

<style type="text/css">
.chpmnk-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f1b34; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.chpmnk-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.chpmnk-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #9f1b34; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.chpmnk-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.chpmnk-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#bda684; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K6ITI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #47494e; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#47494e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread