we could just runaway
[html]
(665)

"Really now? You suggest you are better than even me?" Her face was serious, but cracks could be seen through her mask, like the way her mouth twitched as it suppressed a smirk. "We'll see about that. You can soon prove if you are as great as you are making yourself out to be." Her façade broke when she heard the air the Temeraire was holding within him blowing out--probably sticking out his chest, like she does at time to time--and a grin slipped through her features and she grinned widely. She smiled even more when she sensed him move to retaliate, and tried to dodge his hand but it was grazed anyway, and she yelped softly--not in pain, but in surprise, and it was obvious she wasn't hurt by the crooked smile still on her face.

She raised an eyebrow as he began to make excuses for himself, but instead of interrupting him, she merely listened. While she was naive, she knew not to pick at this subject. She just simply knew that everyone was at fault here, even her, one way or another, and to pretend otherwise was a bit redundant. But, she didn't want to fight with Temeraire, and was glad when he cut himself off without getting any deeper into the rant that he was surely starting to build upon. "It's all in the past now--I think Cody probably forgot about it by now. So let's not think about it, okay?" This she said with a kinder smile, sort of hopeful that he'd agree. She'd rather let that part of their meeting be forgotten than to let it fester between her brother and the boy.

She was beginning to smooth over his brows when she noticed that her question seemed to remind him of something less than happy. She continued to feel out the rest of his face as he explained, and when she finished, she felt lost for words. She did not know how to comfort him. This Lilin woman did not sound like his mother, either, by the way he'd addressed her. "I'm sure he will still spend time with you, Teme. If he doesn't come to you, you can always try to hang out anyway. Maybe you should talk to him about it?" She never hid her feelings from her family, neither from Cody or Sky. When she was worried, she would tell them, and it would get solved one way or another. Maybe Temeraire needed closure,

She faintly smiled as he returned her own question, but then it turned a bit sad. "Well, it's complicated. We got a couple of problems... We have this woman dog bothering us--someone told me they took Lucia's brother, a puppy, and she hurt a few of my pack mates. But they never tell me anything or what they're doing. And... our alphess left. They said that her children are... gone, too." She felt saddened being reminded by all the troubles that surrounded her pack. But, she lifted the grimace that fell upon her face. "But, everything at home is pretty good, now. One of my sisters--I mean, pack mates--she's having puppies soon, too. I think she'll be good mother; she teaches me a lot of things about plants and what they do."

She completed the rest of her inspection in silence, and she pulled away once she got a pretty good look at his face. She felt pressed by the problems that were fresh in her mind, and tried to distract herself from them. "So, mister I-can-walk-straight, let's see if you can walk the talk." She removed the blindfold that concealed her pale eyes, and after blinking a bit to adjust to the sunlight, she handed the dark green strip of cloth to him. "No cheating," she added, a sly smirk on her face. She knew she couldn't tell if he was peeking or not, but she trusted his sense of honor and wanted to make sure he wouldn't cheat.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread