we could just runaway
[html]

birthing threads make me forget i have another character >> sorry chicky!
wc -- 549

Their challenging banter was ground that Temeraire was well used to. While it hadn't been much when Elias was his best friend, he teased and was teased by his uncle's relentlessly and now that he'd met Ink, he found himself doing the same thing. The fact that Lena was not exempt from the challenging rivalry was probably a good sign- it showed he liked her. More to the point, the return of said challenges spurred him on further- if he wasn't careful, the pair could end up in all sorts of dangerous situations. "I'll prove you wrong, little Lena. You just wait." He promised, a toothy grin settling over his lips. He couldn't decide if it was a good idea whether her hands were still on his face, but he couldn't help liking it.

She remained silent when he could no longer keep his opinion to himself. He was surprised she didn't argue and listened instead. Cutting himself off, however, was probably a good idea. She seemed to consider him for a moment, before speaking. Her placating words soothed him and before he could really think about it, he'd nodded his head in her hands. Without realising it, he'd allowed her to manipulate him. If he'd had his way, he'd be hunting Cody down and making him see that being over-bearing to his blind sister wasn't going to get him anywhere in the long run. Instead, he'd allowed himself to drop it and move on. Of course, by that point their conversation had turned a little more personal and Temeraire couldn't help the droop of his ears, the frown on his lips.

Her words were encouraging, although he had to admit that he'd thought about talking to his father. With a little shake of his head, he thanked her. "Thank you, Lennie. I'll try and talk to him about it, see if there's anything we can do." He offered, not realising what he'd called her. Thankfully he was distracted as she answered his question in turn. And her situation seemed a lot worse than his own. He remained quiet as she explained about what was happening- it seemed like everything was in upheaval. He didn't know how to comfort her, so he allowed his hand to come up and stroke her cheek once. "Everything's changing... But you never know, it may sort itself out in the end." He offered, hoping perhaps he might be able to comfort her.

Thankfully, the hard topics they covered didn't weigh them down too much. Before she could remove her hand, Tem felt his head turn and push once into her hand before he was released. He'd found the invasion of his space oddly relaxing, so when Lena returned to their previous challenge he gave a startled huff. She removed the cloth from her eyes, blinking at the change in light before handing it to him. It smelt strongly of her and he hummed softly as he placed it over his eyes, tying it behind his head. Her warning was received with a chuckle, though he was trying to stand still. The deprivation of his sight was harder to accustom himself to than he thought. "Prepare to lose! He declared, gathering as much balance as he could and walking forward towards the girl.

<style>
.fjds2 b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.fjds2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.fjds2 {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#B17F49; line-height:15px; padding:170px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4VvI5.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#533910; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread