we could just runaway
[html]
funny story; I had most of this post saved since Friday and I forgot about it. xD

The last of her breathy laughter escaped her, and she felt him rub against her shoulder as he took off the blindfold. With a free hand, she retrieved the piece of cloth and placed it around her neck, and she noticed a change to it. Instead of primarily smelling like her, it now carried the strong scent of the boy and what must have been Vinátta. Every time she breathed, it would seem as if he was right there against her, and had to shake her head with small movements to clear her head and to separate the real thing from the one that lingered on her cloth. But, she felt pleased to have a little piece of him, and suddenly felt a bit more possessive of the object.

"Beginner's luck," she excused as he pulled them up, shaking her head yet again to get whatever debris that clung to her long hair out. She rolled her eyes as he stated that he loved to tackle her, and had the notion to perhaps tackle him back. But, the hiccup she caused in his laughter when she inspected his grin distracted her, and she decided to settle on something less exciting. She knew what he meant when he said he had her all to himself, and she momentarily wondered where Cody was at that moment. But, she didn't think about it too much, and allowed Temeraire to pull her up onto her feet as he stood up, and finally released her hold on his face, more slow this time than the last.

She raised an eyebrow when the boy mentioned how dark it was becoming, and Lena felt a little saddened that he had to go. But, she snorted instead, and asked teasingly and lightly, "Scared of the dark, are we? Are you sure you don't need someone to walk you home? I wouldn't want you to be all alone out there." She didn't want him to go–but she didn't want him to know that, either. She did not want to seem clingy, since it seemed like something a weak girl would feel. Instead, she hid it behind a pearly smile. Ribbing Temeraire about the dark also made it funnier and easier to deal with it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread