Memento Mori
[html]
(416) southern hospitality. 8B

The dark beauty seemed distant at best, but Alyssum did not really mind. Most loners were like that--after all, they liked to be alone, at least some of them. So she did not blame her when she was silent at her approach, watching her with sharp, analyzing eyes. Aside from the blade, Alyssum did not see much of anything else that would tip her off, so she kept her gaze friendly and far from judgmental. She was done with cleaning off some of the grit from her fur along her hands and arms when the raven-colored fey addressed her name. It was rather shortly spoken, but she decided not to press for her title. "Well, Kaitri, it is very nice to meet you," she stated kindly as she rose and approached the mare, whose saddlebags must have contained at least one rag that she could use to dry herself.

She noted the way the female kept glancing over her quiver, and assumed that maybe she felt wary about them. After all, she was at a slight disadvantage with her close-ranged blade. The coywolf casually shouldered them off and tied them to a loose strap on the horse, deciding not to impose herself as a threat in any way. "You bet. I caught myself some squirrel and fowl, though the latter had seen better days." She nickered a short phrase, and Antebellum stepped a bit out of the water and presented the bags. Next to the leather containers was an average looking squirrel and the bird, even sorrier looking now that limp death had overcame it. Alyssum reached into a bag and grabbed a random cloth, brushing off her fur as she inspected her hunt. "If you want, I can cook up that rodent real nice and the both of us can share a meal. I wouldn't mind some company." She could have sworn that she did not scent any fresh meal on Kaitri's pelt, so she guessed she hadn't ate in a while, being in an unfamiliar land and not knowing the hunting grounds and trails.

The woman was not sure how Kaitri was going to react. She truly wanted to be in the dark female's presence, one part to talk to someone outside of her group and one part to see what she was doing out here, somewhat close to her pack's borders. Again, she was not suspicious, but her duty to her people enforced her just to make sure no foul play was occurring.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread