Daydreaming about what could never be
[html]

365 Pfahahahahha. HE IS NEAT LIKE A CAT AND BURIES IT IN THE SAND.

Ithiel is by me!

Such directness in students was appreciated by Ithiel. Though he believed it poor form to think ill of the dead, he could not help but remember Col Miran and the way he'd acted. The dusky-hued hybrid hoped he'd never need train such uninterested, counterproductive parties again. Willam, on the other hand, seemed more than ready to learn. There was a faint smile and a nod, but little else. The only times Ithiel seemed to lose control of his face were during fighting and training. Perhaps it was not so much losing control as needing to exert it elsewhere -- and anyway, fighting always made him want to grin, no matter how bone-tired and bloodied he was at the end of it.

No bother, the dusky hybrid said, shrugging. Lystra was more bothered than I was, and that horse needs to learn to hold her tongue. It was only after he'd spoken Ithiel realized the strangeness of his chosen cliche, for it wasn't as if Lys actually spoke. His ears pricked forward, and again the ghostly smile slid across his lips. Thanks for the warning -- I'll keep eyes out for any flying stones, he said, not suspecting they could be flying too quickly for the eye to see. Ithiel fell silent and watched as the woman picked up the strangest of the weapons. He itched to see it in real action, against a living foe -- but targets would have to do. Inferni was not in the business of subjecting unsuspecting canines to being targets.

He watched both failed attempts, not a shadow of emotion crossing his face. He was vaguely disappointed with the weapon's performance, but soon learned the reason behind his disappointment. Dark-tipped ears pricked and he considered her request -- reasonable, and especially so considering her trouble with the log. Part of Ithiel had already consigned the kuraigama to uselessness. He took a step back and extended arm, the opposite of her throwing arm. Go ahead, the coyote said. He had endured live training before and was unafraid, even with these exotic weapons. Better a chain around the arm than a rock to the head, as well.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread