I feel u forget me like I used to feel u breathe
[html]
Under the full moon, set well away from the communal den. Poem is "I Want to Die While You Love Me" by Georgia Johnson, published in The Book of American Negro Poetry, 1922.

Tal had left the same day Titania's disappearance had been discovered. He didn't tell her what had happened between him and Sky, but maybe they were less strained than when he had first arrived? It was hard for the matriarch to tell. She herself had come to terms with her mate leaving her. It didn't mean she wasn't upset or depressed about it, but she had accepted that Soran no longer loved her enough to stay with her and for her. So be it.

If she'd been younger she would have gone off on one of her drinking binges, sulking for a week or longer, cooped up in some ancient cottage that had been part of her territory. Phoenix Valley. New dawn was as close as she could get; she doubted anyone would have followed her even if she had wanted to be a leader again.

She wanted to lick her wounds, though. She lifted her head to the moon, and sent a long wavering note to the sky. Her drawn out howl spoke of sadness, of longing, of need and distance. It spoke of young love grown old and cold, of forgotten loves and discarded loves. It spoke of the sorrows and joys of having been loved.

The words of her favorite poem rang out in her mind. I want to die while you love me, while yet you hold me fair, while laughter lies upon your lips, and lights are in your hair...I want to die while you love me, and bear to that still bed, your kisses turbulent, unspent, to warm me while I'm dead...I want to die while you love me, oh who would care to live 'til love has nothing more to ask, and nothing more to give. I want to die while you love me, and never ever see, the glory of this perfect day grow dim and cease to be. A softer, longer drawn out howl, releasing her pent up pain. Soran had promised her forever, and Deuce had believed her. Not the snowy matriarch felt as though her heart could stop beating. Love had nothing left to give, not from her lover. She had her children, and her grandchildren. And though she knew what her grandson had done, she could not fault Ayasha for it, for Deuce had loved a rapist, had seen the tenderness under the monster. So there, she had great grandchildren.

But still, none of those were a fair trade for the love of one's mate. She had wanted her jade eyed beauty, her midnighted angel. She had wanted the love of her woman, her soul mate. Her heart was empty as she purged her pain into the clear moonlit sky.

<style type="text/css">
.d-lastkiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#121613;}
.d-lastkiss p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.d-lastkiss {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vTeea.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b84658; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 205px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#270f13; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

Messages In This Thread