Dawn of Radiance
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

An "interesting" answer. Fortunately, this wolf had not been offended by the layered vagueness of the largely inaccurate response. It was the truth as far as Shylome was concerned. The insurmountable weirdness of the land made the difference between them negligible in the scheme of things. He had a group, something this lost individual wanted and needed to gain at least some semblance of placement and familiarity--a point of reference to define this new life.

"Ja, it is Shylome," came the answer with its previous enthusiasm. The cheer faded in the next sentence. "My family is with our ancestors. I do not know how you wolves believe, but they are resting now... killed by creatures that stood only on their back legs. They were not birds. Jackals... Is the word the same here?" A shadow passed over the African's countenance. The dark eyes briefly reflected the shifts and turbulence of a storm as they stared off at the distant clouds.

But soon enough, the hyena's attention returned to the wolf and the present and possibly the future. "I was hoping to find a new family and a land without jackals. I imagine a place without any sort of two-legs would be asking too much." Another quill was idly yanked from the pit beneath the arm and spat upon the ground next to its sibling. "Your land has disappointed me so far. I see a fat, lazy creature to eat and it defies me with these spikes. I expect more perversions."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread