The Fruits of Our Labor
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Feel free to assume that certain times turning the meeting there will be times for others to make their opinions/concerns known. Third round ends Sept. 28thNo posting order

Disconnect. The last concept the Nomad needed to endure to make her point known to the Family. She would look then to Jaden with less of a confused and more disappointed look in her eyes as he spoke of ignoring their eastern neighbors as if it could be afforded to them. Then to X’ies who smoothly acknowledged these differing ideals but offered a good word to training and its benefits.

The pack as a whole lacked the uniformity of the Nomad collective; the ability to share their unique abilities whilst keeping a single aspect of the Family in mind. Their strength varied, but there was no true routine to maintain it, just the odd exercise here and animal tending there. There was no set time…no set place. And though she could not fault them, she could fault herself. With ears drawn back she looked to the faces of her brethren looking to both herself and Jaden for reply…for guidance. Quietly, she released a sigh through flared nostrils then fell into a deeper silence as she was drawn into inner reflection.

Individually, she felt she catered to their needs…but was that not enough as a leader? Was it too confusing? What was she lacking that kept her from aspiring to the greatness of her father? What was keeping this Family from uniformity and greatness? An ear twitched toward the timid voice of her jackal friend. She looked down at the girl, looking not her but through her as if the answer to her inner dilemma resided just there beyond the reach of the physical. Was it the mindset? The minds of the Family were not unified? Her gaze bounced then from the Lambda brothers to the known Mareck, then to the elder, yet capable Asgeir then back to Sira and then to Jaden. Oh yes. Her eyes widened to realization. She could see what they were lacking…what the pack as a whole missed. The like mindset of the collective; the ability to truly share a single ideal and grow from there. It was not enough to be a part of the pack, she had seen it within the collectives with others seeking a new home. She had watched the assimilation, the training the wanderers would go through before they became truly members of the Family. Their prior lives forgotten, replaced with only the image of the Family. It made accepting the rules easier and made the capable fight harder for not only themselves but their Family.

Yes… that was it.

Achieving this resolution, the Shepard turned her attention to her friend again and smiled as she always did…warm and inviting. “They are no longer your friends,” she said simply enough. “If they would side with foolishness then you are best rid of them. They come to you with words of feigned friendship led by fools that fancy themselves leaders; you bear your teeth and leave them.” Again the woman lifted her head and looked out to each face. “There are no exceptions, unless it is your role to conduct yourselves otherwise.

“What more I have to say, I say not only as your friend but as your leader…your Issor…your Shepard. We seek the comfort and acknowledgement as Family… and yet we are not of one mind. I look to you all and I see Nomad…wolf…and jackal. I do not see the face of a single representation. I feel it has been my fault, keeping these things separate to keep from bringing insult to your ways of life. I have said to you all that what you do is for this Family and yet I cannot look to any of you without seeing the remnants of your pasts lives within your eyes. They are by no means something to be ashamed of, but they are not the first glimpses I see…and this...disheartens me.” She glanced back to Jaden amidst her pause before looking out again to their Family. “We are the new generation of the Nomad collective…yet we are broken instead of whole. What do you all say to this?”

678 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;