Rise to the Occasion
[html]
-
-

She protectively moved away from him, and the Constable felt a slew of emotions race through his blood. First, there was anger. She pulled away from him? When he had been vocal and had not even twitched a harsh heavy hand in her direction. His pups had flinched at his tone but had ignored him until the pups ran off. Pascal was still in his arms despite his twitch, and Gene stared at the pups that had run away from him and back to their mother. The pup whined a bit and took a step forward, but the protect nature of Terra emanated enough for him to stop and toe back to his own father with his small tail tucked between his legs in sadness.

Then there was guilt. He was the Constable, it was his job to protect and help. But he had barked at a subordinate in anger and annoyance. Yet he couldn't help but feel that her fear of him was entirely unfounded. What kind of a monster would hurt another's children when his own were at their mother's teat? He sighed as Gene continued to stare at the woman and the two pups he had been playing with so happily. "I'm sorry," he said softly, taking a free hand to grab the oldest boy into his arms. He squirmed but a tight squeeze stilled him. "Would you like me to leave you be?"

<style type="text/css">
.tellthem b {font-weight:normal; color:#9b9ba5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#64767f 0px 0px 3px; }
.tellthem .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bcbdbd; text-align:center; text-shadow:#171639 0px 1px 1px;}
.tellthem p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.tellthem {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#171639; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kiJVb.jpg), url(http://i.imgur.com/AUYWY.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #08081f; padding: 170px 0px 30px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#51577e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread