Show me that fire in your heart
[html]
wordcount ► 366

Silvano gave a light chuckle as he leaned against the wooden mannequin. It creaked against his added weight, and he kept a careful ear out for it. He did not want it to break from him simply leaning against him. "Tooth and claw, huh?" he said, remembering the last time he had fought that way against another canine. It had been that AniWayan who tried to take Giselle from him; he had stopped him and taken the obsidian daggers off of his dead corpse. There was something bitter about the way the Constable smiled at the thought. "Been a while since I've done that. I'm quite out of practice for that, though I do hunt that way." He hunted in his halfling form, more often than not, as it was the easiest way to overpower creatures his size if he could find them. Often, he only killed rabbits, but fawns were easy to kill in halfling.

But the conversation shifted somewhere sad and the man pushed away from the dummy. Brows furrowed, Silvano watched the smile fall of Skoll's golden face. That bad, huh? If only they had the medicine the humans seemed to have; they were so much more prolific than they were and they had surgeries. They knew more about diseases and illnesses than Silvano could grasp. Only he understood were infections of wounds and colds. Everything else was far beyond his knowledge. "I'm sorry, Skoll," he said gently, offering the younger man his sympathies. "My sister was once in a coma for a long while; we were worried she'd never wake up. Perhaps your mother will get better after scaring you all a while." He hardly knew what the problem was with Ayita, though.

Practice? Practice would distract the man's thoughts while making him stronger. "Well, then lets have a spar. I could use the practice without weapons. And you need something to take your mother's condition off your mind." Silvano set the daggers down, letting them fall to the ground broad side down. They landed with a soft thunk at the base of the dummy. "What do you say?" he said with a slight smile.

Photo taken by Luana. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 4px 0px 4px;text-align:justify;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
.silv_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1b5921;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread