[j] the nightingale’s her troubadour
[html]

Shiloh is... thrilled. Wink

Word Count → 431

Shiloh adored his awkward smile; it was a great relief after coming from the valley where smiles were comparatively short-lived and forced. That was not to say that the Solbjorg was a bad place, but the threat of the Dawnrunners seemed so much more real there than in Nova Scotia. Ignorance was, indeed, bliss.

She could afford to be blissful for a little while longer, though; there was no need to wipe the grin off her brother’s face. She nodded in understanding when he talked about gathering a large enough group, still folding her arms as she prompted, “Are there many of us in the group?” Many had left the Solbjorg before her, and she was hopeful that they might have found and gathered around Saul. She remembered their faces as they left—the grins on the Irish brothers, the determination on Gideon’s dark features, even the look in the elder Miskunn’s eyes as she set off to warn the colony of family. Her clawtips dug lightly into her arms as blue eyes searched his face carefully. “Niernan and Bran? Giddy?”

But after that question came the one that she felt was expected of her. The absolute warmth in her brother’s face was something she’d seen only a few times before, and her ears pricked with interest. The first words out of Saul’s mouth were ones that she did not expect—and the rest painted quite a large, interesting picture. It seemed that the young man had found love, but…

A distant cousin. Children.

There was nothing on Shiloh’s face to indicate the turmoil of thoughts raging behind the polite mask she wore for strangers. She tilted her head, continuing to stare at him as if she could tease more tendrils of truth from his features. He sounded proud and absolutely in love, and she couldn’t fault him that, but… She shook her head and smiled broadly back at him.

“I’m glad to hear that you’ve found someone, Saulie!” the white she-wolf cooed. “Hmm… She must be really special to see through all that dirt to the charming fellow within.” Her fingers brushed imaginary dust from his arm, her eyes lingering there as she bought herself time to think. “And—and I’m going to be an aunt, aren’t I?” It was easier to sound genuinely happy this time, her face brightening with excitement as her voice squeaked slightly. “Only a few weeks, you’ll be a father!”

She shook her head again, looking up at him through pale lashes. “Oh, Saul, I’d love to meet my new sister-in-law.”

She really, really would.

<style>
.shihorizon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shihorizon p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shihorizon b {color:#B8444D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shihorizon {background-color:#FDE2D0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rJLik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473F3B; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.shihorizon .inner {margin:0px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#473F3B;}
.shihorizon .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:1px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread