[j] the nightingale’s her troubadour
[html]

That really means a lot. <33 And again I apologize for the wait!

Word Count → 361

Shiloh did her best to push the sadness out of her mind; Saul was right in that nothing they did or said could truly keep the siblings together, and after all she had a lot more family—right here, right now—to worry over and protect, illegitimate or not.

She smirked as the man described his son’s excitement to meet her, somehow doubting that a scruffy little boy would be ecstatic about an aunt he never met. Weren’t little boys supposed to look forward to uncles to wrestle and joke with? She knew she’d have a thing or two to teach the boy herself, and she looked forward to that, but only time would tell whether this Temeraire would accept her.

Saul promised a lengthier talk, and she nodded, her smile fading away into a more serious and adult expression. She had a lot to tell him as well, even if it was about a place many miles away from here—and even if Gideon and Miskunn may have already warned them after they’d come here. At least now she could focus on something more pleasant, and she gave her brother a curtsey of thanks as he welcomed her into his territory, grabbing her staff and re-shouldering her bag.

“This land is beautiful,” the white she-wolf murmured, inhaling the scent of pine. “If—since, I’m staying,” she corrected with a sparkle of her cerulean eyes, “is there a certain place where I can den?” She was thinking of a village like Wolfville in Dahlia de Mai, not wanting to shelter in some muddy hole in the ground, but she knew she shouldn’t hope for too much. High expectations would only lead to disappointment, even though the gorgeous land around her was shooting them up pretty high already.

She paused for a moment, unconsciously smoothing down some of her fur, and fluttered her eyelashes at him. “Of course, you’re probably going to give me the tour and answer any questions I can come up with,” she said, making light fun of herself for already bombarding him with more questions. Even as she followed him, though, her slender body nearly trembled with excitement.

<style>
.shihorizon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shihorizon p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shihorizon b {color:#B8444D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shihorizon {background-color:#FDE2D0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rJLik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473F3B; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.shihorizon .inner {margin:0px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#473F3B;}
.shihorizon .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:1px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread