[j] the nightingale’s her troubadour
[html]

And that's a wrap! Feel free to post again or archive once you've read. <33

Word Count → 483

Hanging onto her brother’s arm, Shiloh surveyed the lovely territory around them and knew she’d spend many hours exploring it—after she’d gotten settled in to rest, of course. She didn’t realize how weary she was after all the traveling; her heart had found relief, but her muscles still ached. She was pretty sure that her primrose hair was all tangled in the back, too, but she didn’t want to give Saul the satisfaction of seeing her frantically mess with it while she’d been doing so well.

Saul explained that they were heading to a place called Jordheim, and the she-wolf couldn’t help but let her tail wag at the images it brought: nice, sheltered houses and pretty paths and anything but a dirty old den out in the woods. Although…she’d be hard pressed to find anywhere that looked unlivable out here. Her ears swiveled toward him when he mentioned that he’d give her something. “Oooh, a present,” she remarked, gracing him with the smartass side reserved for those she really loved.

She was rendered speechless when they finally reached Jordheim, however, and she pressed her sibling’s arm as she looked at the grassy-domed houses. It was just as beautiful as the rest of the territory, and it melded all the best of wilderness and human structures, looking camouflaged and natural amongst the trees. She allowed herself a smile until Saul stopped, and she waited for him to go inside one of the homes before he came out again with a deerskin-wrapped bundle. Her brows rose, and she glanced a question at him, opening up the bundle and grinning at the contents. Her eyes landed on the necklace wrapped around the wine bottle, and she listened to his explanation with a warm nod.

“May Thor’s strength become mine,” Shiloh Dawnbringer murmured, taking the necklace and wrapping it carefully around the top of her staff; the little hammer dangled against the ornately carved wood, and she already had a sense of just how precious it would be to her in the coming years.

She smiled gently as he spoke again. “I missed you too, Saul,” she agreed quietly, and nodded when he indicated the house. She was excited to find one for her own, although she didn’t think she’d explore it very much before she fell asleep. Her plumy snow-colored tail waved behind her as she met her brother’s green gaze, and she reached up on tiptoe to give him a kiss on the cheek. “I love you,” she whispered, her fingers curling into the fur on his head for a moment as she drew away again. “Thank you for opening your home up to me; it’s great to belong somewhere again.” She reached up to rub one of his ears affectionately before leaving him there, walking down the path and keeping an eye out for a home nestled amongst the green Vináttan hills.

<style>
.shihorizon .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shihorizon p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shihorizon b {color:#B8444D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shihorizon {background-color:#FDE2D0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rJLik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473F3B; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border:1px solid #fff;}
.shihorizon .inner {margin:0px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#473F3B;}
.shihorizon .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #B8444D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:1px 2px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread