On the line for all to see
[html]

He is. We could keep this short since it is pretty old, but I do like their dynamic thus far. :>

Though it was disappointing to hear that Isabella was not capable of producing such finery, Salvia admired the materials none the less. She saw their beauty for one thing only—trade. Even now her mind was working with a detached sort of way, needing to focus on what came next. Sirius was gone and Salsola would now fall to her alone. She would not be a weak link in the chain, nor would she allow her home to fall apart around her. Salvia would enforce this in the days to come, with steel tongue and frosty aggression. She would see to it that Salsola survived its first winter without the Thistle King.

In spite of herself, a small smile appeared on Salvia’s face at Isabella’s bold words. She disliked flattery and had since she was a child, so such blunt honesty about her lack of refinement (at least, in the pretty ways of girls) was seen instead as a compliment. None of her sisters had shown much desire in clothing or anything (at least to her knowledge) but she thought of her aunt and cousin and imagined the two of them might.

“I have a cloak,” she admitted. “But it is easier to hunt without. No, this is not something I would wear,” Salvia went on, speaking broadly about clothing as a whole. “I see why others would want it.” This was the closest she came to expressing any true interest in the garments.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread