Fishing for a smile.
OOC – Wow... Sorry for the wait -_-'

IC –

Hearing her speak so passionately of the same body of water that he so dearly loved made him smile more. He wanted to pull the stranger into him and make her stay there with him for quite some time. Regardless his urges, he stayed where he was and commented back. "In days I struggle to sleep I come to my bed in the sand. She sings me to sleep many times in a year..." There was a slight wisdom in his voice. Something that made him age and seem older than he was for a second or so. He'd seen troubles and faced demons, yet here nothing existed. It was if he was an old warrior who had found a secret to winning every battle.

Finally, she admitted to her Russian roots and went over what the land was like. Whether she realized it or not Toby sensed the change in the female's mood. Had he caused her sadness? He seemed to always do that... Feeling bad for his actions he reached a hand out to comfort the fae; placing it gently upon her shoulder and giving her a slight reassuring squeeze. "I'm sure if they're important to you then a path will open up for you to go visit home someday, yes?" Then he slowly dropped his hand to avoid her thinking he was making a move on her. "Maybe I'll go there some day and give you a ship to sail upon."

He gave the girl a sweet smile. Toby didn't know how swell of a friend he was capable of being. In fact, girls would love him to be around if only he knew he was as helpful as he was. Years of torment had made him believe he was this evil being; one that would never have any true alliances and would probably die alone. All this aside, he was extremely trusting and trust worthy. He was good at listening but also swell at comforting. He'd been in bad times and he'd known what lonely felt like. The german shepherd was indeed good company. It was just a matter of him realizing it.

Messages In This Thread