Fishing for a smile.
[html]
(--) Quite alright, quite alright. 8D

Obviously Toby felt just as strongly about the ocean as she did, and at his wise way of words, she smiled at him. She hadn't thought of retreating to the water when reality became too much. Rather it was sitting on the bay and musing over her life that caused such thoughts to come about, and just as it brought it up, the sea would wash away her troubles with its rhythmic waves. "Mmm..." Vladislava finally nodded as her responce, feeling a slight shudder distribute throughout her body as a fast, but relatively soft wind blew from the water. Along with it the sea breeze brought the refreshing salty scent of the ocean, and this calmed her down a bit.

A dark hand placed itself on her shoulder as Vlad had finished her reminiscing of her homeland, and she looked to Toby again, an absentminded look in her sea-foamy green eyes. "Though that might be true... I am not sure if I can allow myself to see my family," she admitted, forcing herself to looking away from his black eyes. She hasn't really opened up to others about why she left Russia, but, then again, perhaps this German shepherd would understand her feelings if she told him about it. She did need to get it off of her chest, after all, and there was no one she knew that well around here in these lands that she could locate easily. Besides... They wouldn't understand. She believed Toby would, though, as he already understood her feelings about the ocean.

"You see, I... I cannot return to Russia." Vladislava stopped herself from going on further. The thought that Toby probably didn't want to hear a life story flashed in her mind, so she dropped it at that. If he happened to take interest in her situation, though, she would perhaps go on, but not unless he actually cared. He had better things to do than listen to hear sob-story, she was sure.

<style type="text/css">
.vladiport b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #606b6c; }
.vladiport p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vladiport {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#9ea3b0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XHL0F.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #606b6c; padding: 7px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#292c34; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread