my birthday.
[html]
He had been avoiding them for so long now, it seemed. His real family, his mother and his brother, who he knew would look upon him with shame-filled eyes. He had been the good son for so long, the one who wanted nothing more than to protect his family and keep those close to him safe from the world, but now what? Conri had turned in to the very thing that he had hated for so long now. In his head he was still at fault for his father's death, the man who had taken the worlds of many, but now Conri was him. Now, perhaps, it was his turn to die. Seeing Khaden there though, hearing the quiet words that his younger brother spoke to himself, Conri simply couldn't pass on and avoid him. He deserved more than that, much more than Conri could give him.

Khaden took notice of him quickly, just as he expected, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't discern any particular expression or feeling from his brother. He moved suddenly, shifting and coming near, and Conri could only stand and watch him. Would he attack? Most likely, and Conri would accept the defeat. Instead of attacking, when Khaden was right in front of him, the younger boy slid his arms around him, and Conri's eyes grew wide. It only a moment the bat clattered against the ground, his arm coming up to embrace his brother back. Warm tears stung at his eyes, head lowering to rest against Khaden's shoulder, shuddering. "I love you too." The words were quiet and almost foreign, but they were the truth. Did he know? Were they keeping it a secret? Did Khaden know that Conri was a monster?

"Please don't let me hurt anyone else.." It was a grim request, some sort of horrible promise that he hoped his brother would make and keep.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread