and there's no tragedy in that.
[html]

ooc.

... I THOUGHT THE DRUG WAS IN THE SUGAR SO I PUT THE SUGAR IN YOUR COOOFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ic.

She felt like she had him, Dahmer had remained silent as she had spouted off her theories- normally if she was wrong (which didn’t happen very often, mind you), Dahmer would have interrupted her. However, that was Before and this was After- how much had Dahmer changed in the months they had been apart? Sherlock had assumed her large friend would have been delighted that she had found him, that she had solved his puzzle, but she had been wrong. Instead, she had come to him with no delight in his eyes, no hint of the dreaded form of embrace she had been expecting (which Sherlock was surprised to realize she was almost missing. Almost.)- there was nothing here but another puzzle for her to solve.

It was with the nod of the head that Sherlock had to stop herself from showing her excitement that she could still read her friend, that she hadn’t completely lost her ability to do so (and seriously, what was up with that? She’d have to figure it out after she got a moment alone). But the fact of the matter was that she was right, that he was angry with her for showing up out of the blue, and it had to amount for something, right? Except there was a missing part to her equation, a missing piece to the puzzle and it was going to drive Sherlock crazy- because she had a feeling that it was huge and she didn’t have a clue as to what it was. Perhaps if she could get Dahmer to talk to her like he used to, maybe she’d be able to get some more data.

Sherlock felt like maybe Dahmer had a similar thought (although probably not wanting the talk for the same reason as her) because she saw a glimpse of hope cross his face but seconds after her last statement had left her mouth the anger was back in place, this time in tenfold.
A snarl left his mouth and he drew himself to his full height, giving Sherlock a rare glimpse into how dangerous the male really could be. Although she had seen his rage, it was hardly ever directed at her and never in this capacity- it was usually more irritation when he had just had enough of Sherlock’s antics or she failed to take into account of sensitive emotions, when he needed a breather away from her. Dahmer would leave for a bit and they were generally fine afterwards. This anger though, this degree of it had never been directed at her and Sherlock had half a mind to give the large male a few feet distance but instead she stood her ground; although she knew that she had to tread carefully or things could possibly escalate even farther.

It turned out that backing up would have been useless as Dahmer closed the distance between them anyways, stabbing an accusing claw at her chest as he figuratively exploded. Her ears flicked backwards slightly as his words reached them and she had a small moment to feel a bit guilty. It would appear that he had slightly misunderstood her previous attempt at a joke and the warranted stab at a useless individual, and it was, lacking a better term for it, a bit not good. Not good at all. She was just in the process of opening her mouth to explain the misunderstanding when the anger was abruptly over placed with an immense look of sadness; it even covered his words as he spoke.

She knew she had to fix this, knew that her words had been the cause of this sudden sadness that had overcome her friend even though a small voice in the back of her mind was faintly saying caring is not an advantage, Sherlock. It was something her brother had said to her that she generally believed, but at this moment she knew that she didn’t want to listen to the advice; instead, she shoved his voice to the back of her mind and took a deep breath before doing something that she never did- apologizing in her own way. That’s not what I meant, she paused a moment, making sure he was paying attention to her- she was not repeating this a second time. I didn’t just leave Jasper Valley because I had been left with Anderson and the others, I left because the only one who wasn’t an idiot had left in the first place.

God, apologies were so tedious.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread