[M]In the Darkness
[html]

Future midwife to the rescue!!! Big GrinBig Grin

Word Count → 000

Since Noah had told Fayne she was to rest, naturally she was near the den catching the rays of sunlight that sprinkled through the trees. Jiva's cries were heard as she rushed towards them all fours. She was at the point in her pregnancy where shifting may cause harm to herself and the puppies. The name Palaydrian rang through the air and her immediate impression was that the her very pregnant friend had gone into labor and Jiva was freaking out calling for someone to help. She came, followed his scent for he was gone when she got to where the cries had came from. She rushed forwards as fast and as carefully as she could. Fayne knew she needed to be careful herself and abide by her mate's strict wishes during her pregnancy, one of them was to not strain herself. But, she wasn't about to ignore the anxious father's cries.

Soon, she reached him. The man was knelt over what looked like a hole with a rope in his hand. Jiva?! What's going on? She cried, coming close to see what he was dropping the rope down to. Worry struck her when she saw her dear friend at the bottom of the whole clutching her engorged stomach. Oh my stars! Palaydrian! She cried turning to Jiva. She immediately knew Palaydrian wasn't going to be able to climb out of there being as round as she was. Also, she appeared to be straining. Oh my...Jiva. Is she in labor?! She yelped becoming increasingly worried about Palaydrian and her pups. Drin. My god....are you okay? Are your puppies okay? She was stressing out just as much as the father and the mother in the hole though she needed to be calm. She wished she could shift and be of more help, but she wasn't going to risk the lives of her children. Still, she would help the best she could on four legs.

Fayne stood pacing for a second before she looked back down in the hole. She wanted to get down there, she wanted to be there to help the mother. Maybe she should go down into the hole as well. It was risky but Palaydrian wasn't going to be able to get out on her own, especially not if she was in labor. She would have to deliver the puppies in the hole and they'd have to get out afterwards. Jiva, she's not going to be able to get out. It's too dangerous. She took a breath and looked down again at the mother. I can go down...or you can go down, though I won't be able to lower you...It'd be best if she delivered down there. She didn't know if her input would be appreciated but she applied it anyways. The Delta would have liked to go down to see if the puppies were okay herself, but it wasn't her place to decide. She wasn't sure anyone knew yet, but she was pregnant too and it was already beginning to show lending her to not be the biggest help. This wasn't a good situation, not at all. Fayne's gaze remained on Jiva wondering what he would want to do. Maybe he had a plan of his own. If so, Fayne would listen and follow his orders while keeping a careful eye on Palaydrian and the puppies, she was a learning midwife after all.

Image courtesy of lightspeed-suzuka@deviantART; table by Haley

<style>
.lovefayne .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.lovefayne p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lovefayne b {color:#ff8dba; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lovefayne {background-color:#805264; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QLZ1r.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffb6c5; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffb6c5;}
.lovefayne .inner {margin:0px 10px 550px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#ffb6c5;}
.lovefayne .wordcount {color:#ff8dba; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ff8dba; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread