[M]In the Darkness
[html]
:: wc: 5+

Time seemed to slow down after Jiva disappeared from her view. The pain beneath her abdomen was pulsing now, something didn’t feel right. Still the woman pushed as hard as she could, wincing against the pain between her thighs and the threatening headache forming behind her brow. She breathed out in choppy breaths, praying to Luna that her mate would come back soon and with help. She couldn’t believe she had gotten in this mess when just yesterday she had been laughing and making her plans known to Tharin about what she’d do with her offspring and how excited she was to be a mom. Dining on the rabbits he had been bringing around to the other expecting mothers in New Dawn had been such a carefree and happy time. How could something so benign turn into a nightmare in less than 24 hours? They have to be alive...please Luna...don’t take my children away, she thought when another fierce contraction ravaged her body.

Palaydrian’s fur was matted with sweat and mud by the time Jiva returned. She barely registered the rope being thrown down when another stab of pain flared up. Something wasn’t right. Fayne? She called up weakly, realizing her silver sister was now here. Oh but what could another belly burdened wolf do? Where was everyone else in her time of need? Drin mustered a weak smile in the darkness. It’s okay....I’m alright, but...the pups, I don’t know... her voice trailed off as she strained again, this time her gloved hands clamped even harder on the earth beneath her. She panted out a breath after crying out once more, I can’t move sweetheart, she paused for a few labored breaths. It’s going to have to happen here, she called up before bearing down once more.

She didn’t have time or energy to tell Jiva she didn’t think it was good a idea for him or even Fayne to climb down. Who knew how stable the ground was up there, but her body couldn’t wait. Palaydrian cried out again feeling as though her insides were being torn apart. Her legs were now covered with blood and tissue when her eyes reopened. They were coming alright, but as the first body strained out and slumped to the earth, Drin’s cries became a mixture of anguish and desperation. It was dead, she could tell even in the dimmed light. Oh Luna...no...no...no! But she couldn’t mourn this child just yet, more contractions came, this time bringing forth another stillborn bloody mass. What have I done? What have a I done... she whimpered in the darkness as one last push brought out the last non-surviving puppy and the afterbirth. Hysterical sobs shook her exhausted frame as she mechanically wiped off the faces of the pups and laid them out beside one another.

Vannah is amazing!

<style type="text/css">
.ps-goodbye b {font-weight:bold; color:#303d43;}
.ps-goodbye p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ps-goodbye {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#93cba5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/ ... f/lake.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread