Do you remember?
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

His break of their natural tongue was with words of pain to dampen the elated mood. Her soft smiled waned to sadness with the news of her friend's lost mate. Only one that had experienced this loss would understand the pain of the one left behind. And such a pain the Nomad knew well of, yet did not offer her voice in sympathy. It was in comfort instead; a low soothing sound joined with a touch of her nose upon his lowered muzzle. A sweet kiss to his twitching nose.

She kept her silence as he continued on, her gaze shifting from the black of his nose to the vibrant green of his eyes. Her own amber gems closed at the unfortunate news of life lost, three the ancestors took before their time. It was not uncommon, but it was a bitter act of nature.

Sighing softly, the licked the leader's muzzle inhaling softly and offered the words her Shepard had once given her after the tragic loss within the collective. "The ancestors bless us with life. They watch over us...and they love us. Their actions are not without reason, however bitter it may be to us. I asked my Shepard...my Father once, why the ancestors allowed the death of so many lives during our birthing season. He said...it was because the females were jealous of the life below now that they could never give like again. Only through the death would they have pups again, forever kept in their vulnerable forms so that our ancestors may care for and nurture them." And then the Nomad would smile and inch herself closer to lay alongside her dear friend's form.

"Yet...they knew of their selfishness and the pain they caused their earthbound children. If their children's faith remained in them...if they continued to follow their guidance, then the following season there would be no deaths. Only the life they were robbed of. If it is a comfort to you, do not think of their lives as lost, but cared for by your ancestors. And when you sire again, you will be gifted with life.

"But Zalen...please tell me. Why has your mate left you?...have you not looked for her?" Her ears lowered as she sang mournfully, 'Did you look for her my friend, as I looked for mine those painful seasons ago?'

400 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;