Do you remember?
[html]

Word count +4:: OOC

X'yrin was quick to comfort and slow to frustration at his having broken the reverie. She was so soft and warm, like a ray of sunlight filtering through freshly green trees and Zalen felt like he could just lie against her and rest forever. She then began speaking; it had been so long since he had heard her voice that it was somewhat jarring though her tongue was even and calm. She spoke of a story she had been told in her past, explaining that Titania’s loss was just the cruel fate bestowed on her by the Gods. Zalen figured it was as good an explanation as any.

Her story ended with a seed of hope, a promise that such a thing could not possibly happen to Zalen again if he had faith. His ears perked just slightly at this, wishing very much for it to be true; the drive for children was the strongest he had ever felt, even more so than his desire to hunt down Amy. He felt that both were an inevitability.

X’yrin than asked the most painful of questions; had he gone looking for Titania? Zalen had not really spoken of his initial search for his lost mate, she would be the first to hear it, Yes, when I discovered the birthing den abandoned, I followed her scent until it faded. I called her, she never answered, and never reappeared. Then, heaving a sigh, It was not until her broken father came to New Dawn’s doorstep that I learned that Titania has become mind-sick, wandering the wilds, a husk of her former self with no memory. She didn’t even recognize her own father, I know for sure she would not recognize me, or any of New Dawn. He looked over at X’y with sadness deep within his olive eyes, I could not bear looking for her any longer. What could I do, what could I say? Seeing me would be like seeing a complete stranger. Titania may as well have died; the woman I loved is no more.

His heart nearly wrenched in two by the verbal confirmation of what he had held deep inside. Many in New Dawn wondered on his seeming callousness, wondering why he had not sent out a full search party to bring Titania back. He could not do that, it would hurt him too much to force a broken woman to return to a pack she never knew. Instead, he had pushed any emotion from his heart, instead filling it with instinct and dominance. He could mourn silently, but remain a stead-fast and cold leader if need be.

<style type="text/css"> .z b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b5835; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #891c04;}
.z p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.z p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.z {margin:0px auto; width:426px; background-color:#6f9001; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 435px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread