I never learn
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... el/t36.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____“They know the risks,” he answered her, eyeing the cracks beneath their feet as they walked on. “But when you care about someone, you take risks, whether they're necessary or not.” Maybe it was more than care in their case, given that the sick ones were family one way or another, connected through a convoluted line. So maybe it was love, he didn't really know. He couldn't say that he cared what the connection or the reason was, they wanted to help and he wasn't about to deny them that even after he pointed out the obvious—they may get sick too—and that was how he had amassed the small pile of helpers.

_____However, Ember's reaction to the substance within the coloured glass bottle drew a laugh out of Laurel, who took back the bottle and shook his head at her words. “I didn't think you'd like it that much. No one really does when they take their first drink, but you gain a taste for it if you keep coming back to it.” A good bottle of liquor was like travelling in his mind, even if he avoided it for any length of time, it was easy to go back to. “The taste of it doesn't even phase me any more,” he went on to say after a pause, taking another drink.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread