[aw] loving her never did me any good
[html]
  • Shandom could smell Tharin before he actually saw him, and the Gamma sighed deeply to himself and squeezed his eyes shut tighter. He certainly liked his fellow Gamma, and found his advice useful; Tharin was able to see the good in things, where the Qi'Vaex man was more jaded. And, heaven above, he'd been so much more useful in this situation with the blonde dog than Shandom had ever been. No, he'd allowed himself to be blinded by his love for Naniko, and Anathema. His pack suffered for it. They all suffered for it. He simply wasn't fulfilling his duties, and Shandom had idly found himself wondering if he was suited to be the advice counsel for a growing pack.

He gave his brother a small smile and wagged his tail slightly, but did not feel the need to rise. Tharin knew Shandom liked him, and he did not feel the need for excessive displays of hierarchy in this moment. Brother, he greeted, low voice quiet and slightly sad. Shandom moved his eyes away from Tharin, and drifted in the direction of Anathema - gods above, he missed her. The female I... The female I thought I... The female I may have loved. She's gone. Shandom's voice tripped over the words uncharacteristically. She's gone, Tharin, and I don't think she's coming back. And... And I think it's my fault.

He didn't expect Tharin to care, or listen; he didn't know Naniko, didn't know of their friendship. Nobody did.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread