Returning Home
[html]

Maybe he would've liked to have gone and showed off Trent Junior, but then he would've safely returned the child to Terra's care, of course. Well, it's not like that was ever going to happen, as Terra's opinion of him was probably not that high, and anyway, it'd get confusing with several Trents running about if the child would reach adulthood. He shrugged to her jesting question, grinning somewhat.

Then he listened to the stories of their names. It didn't surprise him one bit that they were named after tricksters, because it was a value Terra held very high (although Trent couldn't really fathom why, because he imagined that being good tricksters would only lead to very complicated lives, if they'd get in trouble all the time). They were both names of coyotes who were both very tricky, each in their own ways. Trent pulled a face as he said, "You do realise it's dangerous to name your child after someone who was always hungry, right? The pack'll run out of food before long." It was clear he wasn't all serious, though, and Trent had good reason to, considering where his name was based off of. He didn't really believe in all that stuff about pups turning out the way you named them.

"You know, I was named after my grandfather, who was a hero of sorts. I guess my parents hoped I'd become just like him." He smiled flimsily, not looking that happy even though he spoke partially in jest, "So Trent isn't an all bad name. Guess I just ruined it, I doubt they'll make the mistake of naming any of the pack's children Trent again..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread