Returning Home
[html]

Trent grinned at Terra as she said that he'd just have to steal his food. Hopefully the stealing would occur from another pack, and not Cour des Miracles' stashes. It was all fine as long as he stole from outside the pack -- and was good at hiding and running, so that no one ever figured out that he was stealing it back here. Terra seemed so serious about this naming business, Trent realised as she began to spoke again; Trent was mostly joking about the eating-thing, as he didn't really believe in names holding any particular meaning, anyway.

Trent wasn't so sure if he wanted to live up to his grandfather's name. He thought it was stupid to assume that just because someone else was named the same, you shared some kind of qualities. It was probably the reason he ended up as he had, feeling like he'd never be good enough for the world -- and, truthfully, having stopped trying a long time ago to be so -- because he'd never be good enough for parents who expected him to be like someone else.

He didn't say all of those things to Terra, though, trying to pick his words so that he wouldn't sound too disrespecting of her firm faith that names were important. "I doubt that I'd have forgotten being some great hero. After all, it'd be a hell of a lot better than being me." He smiled wryly, his answer coming out somewhat more bitter and emo than he'd wanted for it -- hiding behind jokes suited him much better -- and looked at the children, away from Terra.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread