The Lost Queen
[html]

OOC And now my turn, sorry for the delay. I typically can't get on to post on the weekends. Smile 400+

Maybe she hadn’t breeched any borders but the coast wasn’t clear. Just as she was about to enjoy a sigh of relief she heard the sound of rustling brush, and her ears perked just a second before her head jerked up to see an autumn colored woman barreling her way. She was so startled that she jumped and dropped the bird’s nest, eggs smashing to bits of shell and goo at her feet. She backed up quickly, putting her hands up defensively, apologetically. She did not want to fight, and she was not even really sure if she knew how; she couldn’t remember getting into any scraps before… she also couldn’t remember climbing trees, but she seemed to be pretty good at that. Still, this was not the ideal way to discover if she had any combat skills.

“I… I’m sorry!” She blurted quickly as she glanced over her shoulder to see if there was anyone coming up from behind. She didn’t see any others there, but that didn’t mean that the coast was clear. Still, if she had to flee, she would have to go that way. “I didn’t mean to get so close.” Her golden gaze flicked down to see the pup that accompanied the woman. Oh no, not only did it seem she had threatened a pack’s borders, but it also looked like she had piqued the woman’s maternal instinct.

Her foot paw clipped a fallen branch in her haste and she fell over backwards, landing with an oof in the grass. She would have scrambled back to her feet but the woman was nearly on her now. That was when she realized she said the name… the same name that the wolf Shawchert had called her… Titania

“No, I’m not her,” she explained quickly, pushing herself up on her hands. If the woman was attacking she could have had a good hold on her by now, but for some reason she held off. Was Titania one of her friends or an enemy? Oh, how dearly she hoped she was a friend right now. But in that case, which story was better? Should she try to be Titania, or should she tell the truth? Well, it was too late now. “I only look like her! I’ve heard that name before and it’s just a mistake, it’s all a mistake. I wasn’t poaching, I just lost track of where I was. I swear that nest didn’t come from your lands. Please believe me.” One arm was held out in front of her protectively, and her amber eyes peeked out at X’yrin from behind it. The scent of fear and confusion filled the air around her, and her ears were tilted back, almost completely hidden in her mane. The red-tipped tail would be tucked had she not been sitting on it already.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread