The Lost Queen
[html]

400+

Like a caring flash, X’yrin dashed behind her to soften the fall and ease her to the ground, keeping her from landing on delicate wrists or injuring herself, but it was all happening so fast that she still could not process that X’yrin meant no harm until she had come back around in front of her. If she wanted to punish her for the offense she would have by now, and it was finally dawning on the slow, confused girl that the sudden charging woman was not here to fight.

Her eyes flicked down when she heard a faint noise and saw the pup coming up at the woman’s feet, and she inched back just a bit more to give ample space so there would be no question about whether or not she would harm the child. Golden eyes turned back to X’yrin’s, nothing but clouded worries toiled behind those eyes. Her shoulders relaxed, the and defensive arm dropped as she put a hand to her head as though she had an ache. Slowly, she shook her head, vibrant curls bouncing around her face.

“No I… I don’t remember you,” she said softly, strangely meek for the once powerful, former alpha female. She moved her hand away from her eyes and met X’yrin’s gaze again. “I don’t remember much of anything, or anyone. I don’t know why. A few days ago I woke up in the forest south of here,” she gestured as she spoke, “and I couldn’t remember anything. I mean… I know… I know simple things, like how to talk, and how to hunt, and for some reason how to climb trees, and I keep finding out all these things I can do like I’ve been doing them my whole life, but I can’t remember my life. I don’t even know how old I am!” She was getting worked up, and the last part came out desperate. Hearing herself, she stopped abruptly, her eyes falling to the pup. She hoped she hadn’t scared him.

She took a breath and started again. “The same day I woke up I ran into this broken old wolf who claimed he was my father. He called me Titania, too, but I don’t remember that name. It feels like… like that’s another person. He told me other things, too. Things I… I just can’t believe. But he wouldn’t tell me what happened, and for that I hate him.” She slapped a flat palm on the ground.

“I can’t be this woman. I don’t even know her, I don’t remember her. I just look like her, because if I am her then none of this makes any sense.” She was starting to ramble, and she knew it, and she knew that feeling that was pooling in the pit of her stomach. If she kept talking she was going to bring on the anxiety again. She stopped, a little short of breath, and dropped her gaze.

Image courtesy of mourner@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.titania-a01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.titania-a01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.titania-a01 b {color:#8CC0F4; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.titania-a01 {background-color:#000A14; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BLjIj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3971A8; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3971A8; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:235px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread