The Lost Queen
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Doubt still clouded the Nomad’s eyes as she listened to the young female’s telling of her ‘awakening’. What she heard did not sound like a normal tale, too farfetched to be made-up, but still she could not wrap her mind around what had become of New Dawn’s queen.

She recalled her conversation with Zalen, how he had been broken by the news of his beloved lost, then found but only with her mind ill in some manner. X’yrin cocked her head in curiosity as she witnessed this true display of vulnerability from a female that once called herself strong-willed and able. Was this the extent of that sickness? Losing the memory of her love and even her father? An unpleasant chill coursed the length of her spine as the woman was suddenly drawn to sit nearly folding down on her lengthy tresses. Upon her face was a dumbfounded expression, but one that felt appropriate given the circumstance. Beneath her, little Zeus stared blindly out to the panicking woman, his ears folded back and tail tucked between trembling thighs as he tilted his nose up seeking his surrogate’s comfort. Feeling the boy’s distress, X’yrin addressed the fallen Alphess.

“Titania…please…” The foster mother stepped forward and placed an assuring umber paw upon a fine, pale limb. “It is alright… I assure you. Be calm. You needn’t let yourself be scared.” She could hear the voice of her Shepard, her father coming from her own with the same, soothing tones he had used on her quite often in her early weeks of life. “Young one…you will make yourself ill.” An ear perked up suddenly as she addressed their difference in age. Perhaps a start toward filling in some of the gaps?

Gently, the Nomad smiled, hoping to abate the growth of anxiety. “I do not know when you were born…but when I met you, you were very young. You had come to the borders of my prior pack with your….with your companion. You were grown as you are now, but your mind was still soft, not yet hardened by experiences. Perhaps…5..6 seasons. Great potential to explore. I saw you again…perhaps in your 7th season…before the ground turned white with snow. You had adapted rapidly to your role as Alpha. You seemed quite suited to it.” But then, her ears lowered, as from then on her telling would revolve around the misfortunes of her old home and the betrayal of whom all she held dear. “I’m afraid after that meeting I hadn’t come to see you again. But I suppose with time passed, that would make you well into your breeding age.” Perhaps not the most helpful of words…but maybe it would be something to act as a distraction to ease her frazzled mind.

460 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;