[M] Kiss Me Slowly
[html]
(363)

When she explained her joke, his grin faltered a bit. But, he managed to hold it up, and forced it to become a bit wider, though it could not help but become meek and shy. He felt his stomach twist with some sort of emotion, but whatever it was, he did not allow himself to think about it. He let out a shaky laugh, and added, “I bet it doesn’t. It’d be uncomfortable if it did, right?" He wanted to grimace at his less than smooth answer, but he kept up the smile. He did not find it personal, but... it did stir some thoughts within him.

“Nah, I thought it was funny,” he stated, a bit of honesty with his words. Perhaps half of him wish it could be taken literally, but like she said, only a joke, not an invitation. Again, the thoughts appeared to him, and he had to block them from mind. They were close friends, nothing more. Right? Lately these days, he had been questioning what kind of relationship they were in, and it would always puzzle him.

When she heard her words and turned to face him, his gaze sought something else in the room to look at. Even after all of this time, there were moments where he was too shy to meet her eyes, and this was definitely not an exception. Her silence had seemed to last forever--a lifetime or two went by in a matter of seconds to Robert--and she answered with finality. He did live with her. He turned back and met her eyes, a pleasant and shocking surprise coloring his face, his skin under his fur turning a hot shade. Quite frankly, he was stunned into silence, and was not sure what to say for himself, or what would happen now.

Would they go on as normal, as if nothing changed? He could tell by her frozen state that Eclipse must have been affected by this to some degree, as he himself. Even the next minute seemed distant and unknown, and all he could do was sit in the chair and stare at the woman, his new roommate, apparently, dumbly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread