Gray Goose
You didn't force me <3 I was in the mood to write, plus I live on the west coast, so it was only 12. I PP'd the goose a little bit, let me know if you want me to change anything.

[html]

Lynx took the pencil and paper from him. Yes, he was very talented, she wrote, her expression carefully bland.

The pale girl held the pencil suspended hesitantly above the paper, unsure of how to respond to Edgar's question. Why had she come? Why did she leave Norway to come to this place? Her lavender gaze drifted up from the paper and across the moonlit water, full eyelashes blinking slowly as she lost herself in her thoughts. For a short time the pale wolf couldn't find the words to explain what had driven her away from home. Suddenly she felt a sharp burn of frustration. She wished desperately to explain herself to someone, why not to this gentle soul? There was no particular reason for her to leave her family behind and break a good man's heart all for the selfish desire to find her place in the world. Yet, there had to be some reason.

Finally Lynx released her breath, with it the emotion that seemed to have come from nowhere. There was no way for her to explain, not yet. She would have to be content with that.

Pardon me, she wrote first, sneaking a glance at the quiet Spaniel from the corner of her eye. She had not been silent for too long. Still, she hoped he hadn't noticed anything. I think it was just wanderlust that made me wish to sail here. The words still looked flimsy. She skipped a few lines, then wrote: Who is this pretty lady? Can you introduce me? Looking into his deep eyes, Lynx gestured to the elegant bird nearby, which had been sitting politely this whole time. It seemed so strange that any goose, of all things, would befriend a canine. Yet the little creature seemed perfectly happy to sit quietly beside Edgar, nor did she appear bothered by Lynx's presence. It was very cute. The tattooed woman watched the gray bird with gentle awe, wondering how the two had come together.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread