Gray Goose
Souls will do that to you. :] want to wrap up in a few more posts? and sorry if this is too rambly.

[html]

Though the days sometimes seemed to drag on, months and years went by much faster. There were times when her childhood in Norway didn't seem so long ago. But she knew that it was. Now Lottie was gone and she was here, far away from home, and that scared and saddened her. Soon enough, she would be an old wolf herself, wondering where the years had gone. Lynx tried not to think about it too much. It was too terrifying. Lottie told her not to count the hours, but how she spent them. The girl knew the advice was true, although she hadn't made any real effort to follow it yet.

Half a year ago. Then she and Edgar had to be around the same age. Six months was also a long time for a goose to faithfully follow a canine around. Perhaps she saw Edgar as her flock, her family. With a small giggle, Lynx responded. They are feisty? I would never have guessed. She seems so serene now.

Again, she stopped for a moment. His question about her family carried a small sting, like the prick of a needle. She didn't know how to answer him as the unexplainable guilt she felt about her family returned. Even more than that, she wasn't sure how much he even cared to know. She could put him off by saying too much. But as she looked over the paper at their written conversation, she found her anxiety slipping. Oddly, writing her answer ended up being much easier than speaking it, her words flowing with the pencil. Not very interesting, really. My family was large, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins. There were many talents, but the most valued were the warriors. That is what the children wished to be. Not me, though. My father nevertheless trained me to fight, but I was more interested in music. My aunt, Liselotte, had a love for the arts, too. We were sort of misfits together, and she taught me to play the fiddle. After she passed on, I did not feel my family had much use for me, so I left.

The only thing Lynx had to remind her of her family was her fiddle, which was tucked away safely in her cottage in Jordheim. The cottage was one of the things she loved most about Vinatta. Never did she fear the precious instrument being lost or stolen.

You are a loner, yes? Do you think of joining a pack?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread