There's Bliss in Ignorance
[html]

lolol Vesper is a paranoid panda. 8D

As much as she hated to admit it, being an Infernian had conditioned Vesper to be suspicious when she saw a wolf at the border. She rarely judged them in the neutral territories (at least, not any more than she judged any other stranger), but she’d learned the history of her clan well enough to know how often trouble came knocking. The skulls dotting the border were evidence enough of that.

The large creamy-colored dog surprised her by bringing up the name of a clanmate, and despite herself Ves smirked. “I’m proud of that girl,” she admitted, trying to picture the scenario of the hotheaded little scout running across the Anatheman; she wasn’t sure how accurate her imagination was, but it was pretty damn funny. “Did she give you a hard time?” she asked, her pale blue eyes glittering in such a way that suggested this was what she’d expect. The Creed girl was very much a Hydra’s daughter despite her youth.

She could almost hear Asher wagging his tail when the canine’s eyes flitted briefly to him, and she might have cuffed him were she in optime form. She wasn’t sure how the young man could be friendly even to a stranger on the borders, but she guessed that this dog hadn’t given them any reason to dislike him yet.

She snorted when he mentioned Inferni being a nice place. “I’d like to think it is—but it’s an exclusive club, I’m afraid.” Why would it matter to an Anatheman, anyway? She somehow doubted he wanted to abandon his pack for another, especially one with the reputation and species bias that Inferni had. She chalked it up to innocent curiosity, even if she couldn’t truly figure out what he hoped to learn, and shrugged mentally until he held out the rabbits.

Blue eyes narrowed slightly, but Asher only grinned. “That’s kind of you,” he woofed, reaching out to grab them before gesturing happily to his bow. “How good are you with that thing—hey!” He scowled as Vesper grabbed one of the rabbits by the feet with her jaws, pulling it down to the ground and sniffing carefully to make sure it wasn’t diseased or poisoned or otherwise nasty. She didn’t believe in overt generosity to members of another pack unless it was charity in the neutral territories (especially where pretty girls and pups were involved); this might be a very subtle assassination attempt. Asher seemed to accept her caution, however, swapping rabbits once she’d deduced that the first wasn’t laced with something obviously deadly.

“I’m Asher Thompson,” the coydog said, carrying on introductions while the female was busy. “I’m a Tirones—basic joining rank—and Vesper is the Centurion, or second-in-command. What does an Eligos do?” His amber eyes, one of his few clearly coyote features, brightened happily.

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai b {color:#c9bdbd; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai .npc {color:#8A632D; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesjcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread