There's Bliss in Ignorance
[html]

Ugh lemme know if you're not cool with ending this... I've got a lot on my plate and a lot of new threads I need to think about starting so I thought I'd clean up some older ones, if that was okay with you. ;; Lemme know.

The mutt didn’t seem pleased to hear her stance on weaponry, but Vesper only let her lips curl back into a grin, dipping her muzzle in a nod. “Why else would Luperci turn to sharp blades, if their claws and teeth were sharp enough?” she asked mildly, and was aware of Asher glancing anxiously between them. She didn’t look at him, though. She’d told him once how she’d been born: single-formed, without the “luxuries” the virus seemed to provide. She was a Luperci now, there was no changing that, but she still had a deep pride in what she once was and how she’d been able to survive in an alien world. Perhaps a little too much pride.

Though she was unashamed of this, she was ashamed about her remark and the paranoia instilled in her from when she was only a loner, new to the land. “A loner told me,” she admitted when he asked where she heard it, not wanting to give him the idea that Inferni as a whole harbored that opinion; in fact, she knew little about what her comrades thought of the cave-dwelling pack.

He admitted that his pack didn’t discriminate between good and bad canines, though, and this caused her to frown. Wasn’t that dangerous? Where was the control in the ranks, then? Even though many coyotes in Inferni could be seen as bloodthirsty, she couldn’t name many that the clan considered “bad” that would make trouble without reason. It wasn’t her right to point this out to Mido, though, especially if it was a weakness.

“Ah, that’s where you’re wrong,” she teased lightly at his jest. “I don’t hate wolves, even if I have the same reasons the rest of my clan does for hating them. Not so much a fan of dogs, though,” she added, and had to stifle a chuckle at the playfully offended look the border collie tossed her way.

“I’d hope so,” Vesper agreed when Mido said that darkness might not be the truth for the Anathemans anymore. “I’m trying to change my own clan’s image, myself, even if others make it very hard for me.” She stood and stretched, her jaws parting in a yawn, before gesturing for the Tirones to grab the rabbits as she turned around. “I should probably continue my patrol,” she said casually, hoping to depart quickly to keep from making a further fool of herself. “This meeting was informative. I made a horrible impression on you, Puppy here made up for it, and we both know the other pack isn’t evil.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai b {color:#c9bdbd; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai .npc {color:#8A632D; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesjcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread