cut out all the ropes and let me fall
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Truth be told, the thought and the stories she had picked up about the fire had been a little disturbing. Marlowe had retold what he had seen and it had left her with a chill that ran the length of her spine even then. Maybe disturbed wasn't the right word, it had been frightening. It was that point where she had pulled a small cloth from her pouch and dampened it with the water left in the bucket. Crouched over him carefully, she gently wiped at his wrists, letting him explain things in the process. However short and sweet, it was enough to sate her wonders.

_____“I heard that you did make quite a scene, but I guess that's to be expected. If you hadn't needed to be tied up, I would wonder,” she said, at which point her voice took a much lighter tone, almost jovial. Almost like there wasn't anything wrong in the world at all. But she wanted to be as comforting as she could, any little purchase of ground that put him at ease. “But I'm going to find out what's making everyone sick though. I don't want you or Jasper to be sick.” Most of all, she didn't want them to die.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread